Your source for swing dance and music events in Arizona and around the world.
Mission: The Arizona Lindy Hop Society is dedicated to preserving vintage vernacular Jazz and Blues dance and music within the Arizona community through social dance and education in order to bring joy into people’s lives.
Founded in 1996, the AZ Lindy Hop Society promotes jazz dance and music through live concerts, workshops, classes, and exchanges. We also have an education outreach program that teaches dance in the public school system.
- EVERY TUESDAY – Swing Tuesdays at FatCat – Voted best place to Swing Dance by PHOENIX MAGAZINE!
- October 7-9, 2016 – AZ Swing Jam 20 with Laura Keat and Jeremy Otth – Our 20th year presenting top instructors!
- Friday, October 14th – 2nd Friday Swing Dance at Take the Floor Studio – 32nd Street and Lincoln (at the base of Piestawa Peak)
- Sunday, October 23rd – SWING SUNDAY SCHOOL – 6 week courses – East Coast Swing Beg./Int. (4pm); Lindy Hop FUNdamentals (5pm)
- Sunday, October 23rd – New dance series at The Village Racquet Club
- Tuesday, October 25th – Halloween Dance at FatCat Ballroom
- Wednesday, October 26th – Wynonnie Harris Tribute – Hurricane Carla Brownlee Band at the Rhythm Room
- Fri., October 28th – Fourth Friday Swing Night at FatCat Ballroom – Costume party
- Swing in the New Year – New Years Eve at Take the Floor – Saturday, Dec. 31st
- February 25-March 3rd – Jump, Jive, and Sail – Lindy Hop Cruise to Jamaica and the Cayman Islands!
- Ongoing Events – Tuesdays at FatCat Ballroom, Second Fridays at Take the Floor, Fourth Fridays at FatCat Ballroom
- Upcoming Live Events – Swing, Blues, Jump Blues and Rockabilly
- Lindy Hop Around the World – Exchanges and Events
- Videos – Lindy Hop, Swing, and more!
- Dance Etiquette Tip
- Deep Thoughts